We allow users to contribute different forms of content to our various sites and in some cases create user pages/profiles. However, when contributing content you have to make sure it is relevant and appropriate to the page it is posted on. WalletHub was created to help consumers so please keep that in mind when adding material.
While we appreciate and encourage lively, passionate and informative discussion as well as the sharing of ideas and opinions, users must recognize that a certain degree of responsibility comes with the ability to post freely on our pages and forums. To help provide a clear sense of what is and is not allowed from site participants, we have created a set of general content guidelines as well as specific guidelines for the different types of content.
What is allowed:
• Thoughtful questions.
• Helpful answers.
• Informative, honest reviews.
• Fact-driven, relevant content.
• Constructive criticism.
• Private dispute resolution between individual users.
What is not allowed:
• Inappropriate content: threats, harassment, profanity, spiteful remarks, lewdness, pornography, hate speech, bigotry, and anything that may reasonably be construed as “spam.”
• Any kind of promotional content (unless you post it on your own profile page)
• URLs that are posted with the intention to promote a company, product, service or website as well as self-promotional URLs.
• Publication of other people’s private information (e.g. non-work related phone numbers and postal addresses, account numbers, etc.).
• Plagiarism or intellectual property infringements as well as excessive quoting from other reviews, activity posts, etc. Please write your own content and use your own photos.
• Engaging in smear campaigns or intentional, arbitrary attacks on others and their reputations.
• Defamatory content.
• Duplicate content.
• Off-topic content. For example, feedback about spelling errors or general questions related to WalletHub. Instead you can contact us by using our feedback form.
• Violations of our Terms of Service.
The following guidelines are in addition to the general guidelines.
When reviewing a company, professional or product, it is important to be both fair and honest and to give information that is central to the consumer experience. Please provide a helpful, fact-driven account of why you would or would not recommend the subject of your review so that other users can learn from what you have to share.
Advice on writing a good review:
• Be personal and passionate when writing a review. Tell a story rich in details and try to include some advice for other consumers. For example, comparisons of relevant companies and products can be very useful.
• Write about a firsthand experience you had rather than a story another person told you. Try not to resort to broad generalizations and/or statements with no supporting evidence.
• Please make sure that what you have written is factually correct. We want you to give us your opinion but without exaggerating or not telling the whole story. In case there is disagreement about facts between you and another company or user, you have to be able to support your review because we do not interfere or take sides.
• You should write what you sincerely believe about a company, product or service, whether you have a positive or negative opinion about it. Negative reviews are not removed when they are written in a civil manner.
• If you have a new experience with a business or product you have written about in the past, you can update your review. You shouldn’t submit multiple reviews where you repeat what you have already told us.
What is not allowed:
• Reviewing businesses whose products and/or services you have not experienced personally.
• Reviewing businesses for which you work or are otherwise directly affiliated with.
• Reviews by or on behalf of a person or company with a financial interest in a directly competing product.
• Using a review to attack a business’s employment practices, political or religious ideology, or other matters that do not necessarily impact services rendered.
• Exaggerating or misrepresenting the experiences you have had.
• Promoting immoral or illegal activities.
• Reviews that contain HTML tags.
• Excessive use of slang, capital letters and typographic symbols.
• Links that direct to pages that even though are not promotional in nature, are also not related to the product or company being reviewed.
• Reviews irrelevant to the product or company being reviewed.
• Reviews in a foreign language (unless they are clearly related to the product or service provider). For example, a review in Spanish for an insurance broker that advertises in Spanish is acceptable but not acceptable if the insurance broker does not advertise his/her services in Spanish.
Finally, remember to update your reviews over time so others can benefit from the most relevant advice possible.
The reviews posted on WalletHub are highly subjective opinions of individuals. The views expressed in reviews are those of WalletHub members and not of Evolution Finance, Inc. (corporate owner of WalletHub.com). We do not endorse any of the opinions expressed by reviewers and we are not affiliated with any establishment or professional listed or reviewed on this web site.
Businesses/Professionals: Your profile is an advertisement, a reflection of you and your business, so be responsible about what you post and honest about the products and/or services you are able to provide. Feel free to post information about products, offers and specials and to use your unique expertise to enrich the online community. Do not, however, bully or ostracize individual users as a result of a bad review, provide intentionally false or misleading information or advice, engage in link or keyword loading, write reviews about your own products and services, or directly solicit clients as part of an answer, guide, or review. What’s more, Evolution Finance’s sites are not a forum for criticizing one’s competitors, so please refrain from writing reviews about or attacking the competition.
Evolution Finance was built upon the free and open exchange of information, and we strive to provide you with all of the resources you need to improve your personal finances. The comments, reviews, questions and answers that you post are integral to this effort. However, in order to foster the best possible interaction amongst users and between users and Evolution Finance, a certain code of conduct must be adhered to. So be polite, honest, forthcoming, helpful and courteous to other community members, and if a dispute does arise, try as best you can to resolve it privately and in a civil manner. If you reach an impasse, feel free to contact Evolution Finance and we will try to mediate.
Adherence to Content Guidelines
If you have any questions, or to report any infractions, please contact Evolution Finance at:
Evolution Finance Inc.
Attn: Customer Care – Content Guidelines
818 18th St NW, Suite 420
Washington, DC 20006