Date Last Revised: February 13, 2012
WalletHub.com is a Web property that belongs to Evolution Finance, Inc. As a result, it is governed by the same policies and terms and conditions as Evolution Finance.
At Evolution Finance, Inc., ("Evolution Finance," "we," "us," or "our"), our relationship with you is our most valuable asset. We understand and appreciate that you are trusting our company with your information, and as such, we are committed to being transparent about how collect, use and display it.
STATEMENT OF COVERAGE
“Personal information” is information that you provide to us that personally identifies you, such as your name, email address or billing information, or other data which can be reasonably linked to such information by Evolution Finance.
Personal information is your personally identifiable information that is not otherwise publicly available, such as your home phone number, or personal e-mail address. It is important to note that if you are using Evolution Finance’s Services in order to represent a Business, certain information that is considered “personal” for non-business users will not be considered as such in your case. For example, if your Business’s contact information (e.g. phone number, address and e-mail address) is the same as your personal contact information, we reserve the right to display it.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
General: Evolution Finance may collect and store information about you when you register with Evolution Finance, when you use Evolution Finance products or services, when you visit Evolution Finance pages or the pages of Evolution Finance properties (e.g. CardHub.com and WalletHub.com) or the pages of certain Evolution Finance partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. Evolution Finance may combine the information we have about you with information obtained from business partners, other companies, and other users.
Evolution Finance uses information for the following general purposes: improving our services, developing new services, customizing the advertising and content you see, fulfilling your product and service requests, conducting research, contacting you, and providing anonymous reports for our internal and external clients and partners.
Registration: Upon registering with Evolution Finance, information such as your full name, e-mail address, birth date, gender, or ZIP code will be requested. Certain products and services may ask you for additional information, such as your income, Social Security Number, details about the financial products you use, and information about your assets. You are not anonymous to us when you register with Evolution Finance and sign in to our services.
Transactions: Evolution Finance collects information about your transactions with our company and some of our partners. This includes billing and payment information and information about your use of our products and service offerings. This information will only be shared with third parties who perform tasks required to complete purchase transactions (such as fulfilling orders and processing credit card payments). When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology.
Site Access & Activity: Evolution Finance automatically collects and records certain information from the computer, mobile phone, or other device you use to access the Site, including your Evolution Finance cookie information, IP address, browser type, browser language, the Web pages you request, and the date and time of your request.
We receive data about you whenever you interact with the Site, such as when you look at another person's profile, send someone a message, search for a topic, person, product, or page, or click on an ad. When you post things like photos or videos on the Site, we may also receive additional related data (or metadata), such as the time, date, and place you took the photo or video.
Public Content: Your reviews, comments, questions and answers, posts, followers, groups, financial products in your Wallet, businesses and professionals that you have done business with, topics and users you follow, profile information (including your name), and any other information that you post to the Site are meant for public consumption. We may display this content on the Site, collect and store it, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Please also keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make other personal information (e.g. your home address) available online for viewing by third parties by posting it on the Site that information is public and can be seen, collected and used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third party use of such information.
Other Users: We receive information about you from other users through their use of the Site, such as when they follow you, comment on your posts, ask you questions, mention you, or send you messages.
Location: We may collect and store information about your location if you enable your computer or mobile device to send us location information. You may be able to change the settings on your computer or mobile device to prevent it from providing us with such information.
Contacts: When you invite your friends to join the Site by providing their contact information or allowing us to use your address book from your computer, mobile device, or other sites, we may use and store your friends' contact information long enough to process your requests.
??Messages: If you exchange messages with others through the Site, we may store these messages in order to deliver them and allow you to manage them. If you send information from the Site to your phone via SMS text message, we may log your phone number, phone carrier, and the date and time that the message was processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive. When you send email or other communications to Evolution Finance, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
Please also note that the messages you send or receive using the Site are only private to the extent that you and the sender/recipient keep them private. For example, we do not have any control over whether a recipient of one of your personal messages publicly posts it or its contents.
You can also connect your Evolution Finance account to your accounts on third party services like Facebook or Twitter, in which case we may collect and store information identifying your account with the third party service as well as other information from these third party services that you have given us permission to access (e.g. name, date of birth, profile picture and friends birthdays). We use the information to help you connect and share public content with your friends and followers. You can always disconnect your accounts on these third party services from your Evolution Finance account by visiting those services directly.
Children: At Evolution Finance we are committed to protecting the privacy of children. We will not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information online from children under the age of 18. ?If you are under 18 years of age, please do not submit any personal information through the Site
DISCLOSURE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
Evolution Finance does not rent, sell, or share your personal information with other people or non-affiliated companies, except when providing you with the products or services you have requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
• Under confidentiality agreements, we provide information to trusted partners working with or on behalf of Evolution Finance. These companies may use your information to help us communicate offers from our company and our partner companies to you. These companies, however, have no independent right to share this information.
• While responding to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, or establishing or exercising our legal rights, or defending against legal claims.
• After we have removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it, or have combined it with other people's data in a way that it is no longer associated with you.
Evolution Finance displays targeted advertisements, which are based upon personal information. Although Evolution Finance does not provide any personal information to advertisers when our visitors or clients view or interact with a targeted ad, by viewing or interacting with an ad, you are tacitly agreeing that the advertiser might possibly assume that you meet the targeting criteria used for ad-display purposes. We may allow others to "sponsor" some of your account activities, such as reviews, recommendations, status updates, and posts regarding “deals,” in order to increase the likelihood that others see them. For example, if you apply for a new credit card, the respective credit card company may want to make sure that people who follow you see it so they can apply for it too. If content is sponsored, it will appear accompanied by the word "Sponsored” or something similar. Only people that could originally see the information can see the sponsored post, and no personal information about you (or your friends) is shared with the sponsor.
• Evolution Finance may set and access Evolution Finance cookies on your computer.
• Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Evolution Finance's cookies.
• Evolution Finance lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their own cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.
• Evolution Finance uses web beacons to access Evolution Finance cookies inside and outside our network of web sites and in connection with Evolution Finance products and services.
EDITING YOUR INFORMATION
• At any time, you can edit your Evolution Finance Account Information. This includes your marketing preferences.
• New categories of marketing communications might be added to the Marketing Preferences page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories, or they can unsubscribe by following the instructions contained in the messages they receive.
• We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the services of Evolution Finance that are considered part of your Evolution Finance account without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them, including such items as service announcements, administrative messages, and the Evolution Finance Newsletter.
• Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your user account if you include personal information in content that you post on the Site.
• When you use Evolution Finance services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
Evolution Finance takes your security very seriously, and we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data, both during transmission and once we receive it. In particular, we:
• We limit access to personal information about you to employees, contractors, and agents who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
• We regularly back up the information we collect online to protect against loss.
• We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you. Some of the safeguards that we use include: SSL encryption, firewalls and password protections.
However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile device or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you believe your Evolution Finance account has been compromised, please report the incident using our contact form.
If you have been contacted by someone about your Evolution Finance account asking for a password, birth date or other personal information, please do NOT respond and forward the email to fraud@EvolutionFinance.com.
In the event that you believe that your personal safety is at risk or if you believe that you may be the victim of identity theft or other illegal conduct, please contact the appropriate federal, state or local law enforcement agencies directly.
QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS
Because we want to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, we have agreed to disclose our information practices. If you have questions or suggestions, please complete a feedback form. You may also contact us by sending postal mail to:
Evolution Finance Inc.
Attn: Customer Care - Privacy
818 18th St NW, Suite 420
Washington, DC 20006