The Bank of America foreign transaction fee is 3% or 0% of all international transactions, depending on the BofA card. There are 9 Bank of America credit cards with no foreign transaction fees, including the BofA Premium Rewards and Travel Rewards cards.
Those no foreign fee BofA cards clearly are a better choice for international spending than the ones with a 3% surcharge for everything you buy abroad. That’s actually one of the highest foreign fees on the market. So international shoppers need to be careful when picking a Bank of America credit card and perhaps consider cards from other issuers too.
Bank of America foreign transaction fee info:
- Some Bank of America credit cards have a 3% foreign transaction fee.
- Other Bank of America credit cards have no foreign transaction fee.
- Foreign transaction fees can apply when you travel abroad or make online purchases from foreign merchants.
At 3%, the Bank of America foreign transaction fee is too steep for anyone planning to make international purchases. But the cards that charge it are meant more for everyday spending than travel. The good news is there are a handful of foreign fee-less alternatives.
Best Bank of America no foreign transaction fee credit cards:
- Bank of America Premium Rewards - Biggest Bonus
- Bank of America Travel Rewards - No Annual Fee
- Alaska Airlines Credit Card - Best Airline Rewards
- Bank of America Travel Rewards for Students - Best Student Card
Plus, more and more cards from other issuers are shedding their foreign fees. So you can shop around for the best deal.