The best credit cards for poor credit with no processing fee are Credit One Bank’s Platinum Visa and NASCAR Visa cards. Both have annual fees of $0 to $99, depending on how bad your credit is, but there’s no one-time fee for application processing. Although some unsecured credit cards for people with poor credit do charge processing fees, there are at least a few options without them.
People in search of credit cards for poor credit with no processing fees have even more choices when they consider secured credit cards. For example, you’ll have to place a refundable deposit of at least $200 to get the Capital One Secured Mastercard and Discover it Secured, but neither charges an annual fee or a processing fee.
The truth is, most credit cards for people with bad credit don’t charge processing fees. So you shouldn’t ever settle for paying one. You can learn a bit more about the best alternatives below.
Here are the best credit cards for bad credit with no processing fee:
- No security deposit: Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® for Rebuilding Credit – No processing fee. $0 to $99 annual fee. $300+ limit.
- Partly unsecured: Capital One® Secured Mastercard® – No processing fee. $0 annual fee. $200 deposit. $200+ limit.
- NASCAR fans: Official NASCAR® Credit Card from Credit One Bank® – No processing fee. $0 to $99 annual fee. $300+ limit.
- No credit check: OpenSky® Secured Visa® Credit Card – No processing fee. $35 annual fee. $200+ deposit. $200+ limit.
- Rewards: Discover it® Secured – No processing fee. $0 annual fee. $200+ deposit. $200+ limit.
If you’re worried about keeping costs down, try to get a credit card for poor credit with no processing fee, no annual fee and no monthly fee. You should try to pay your bill in full every month too. Even the best cards for bad credit have really high interest rates.