The store that gives the most cash back at the register is Albertson’s, where you can take out $100-$300 when you make a purchase with your debit card. The amount of cash back you can get varies by location. The stores that give the most cash back via rewards are Ace Hardware and Best Buy, whose members earn points for every purchase that are redeemable for cash back.
Stores That Give the Most Cash Back at the Register:
- Albertson’s: you can get $100-$300 with a debit card.
- Food Lion: you can get $200 with a debit card and $50 with a personal check.
- Safeway: you can get $200 with a debit card.
- Save Mart Supermarkets: you can get $200-$300 with a debit card (varies by location).
- Shopper’s Food Warehouse: you can get $300 at the register and $100 at self-checkout with a debit card.
- Walmart: you can get $100 at the register and $60 at self-checkout with a debit card, and $20 with a personal check at the register.
Many stores also have a rewards program that customers can join for free. In return for making purchases, members earn either cash back in the form of store credit or points redeemable for cash back.
Stores Where You Earn the Most Cash Back for Purchases:
- Ace Hardware: get 10 points for every dollar spent once you sign up for Ace Rewards. For every 2,500 points, you get a $5 reward.
- Best Buy: get 0.5-1.25 points for every dollar spent once you join the My Best Buy program. For every 250 points, you’ll get a $5 reward. The more you spend, the higher your membership level will be, and the faster you can earn rewards.
- CVS: get 2% back on all purchases once you join the ExtraCare rewards program. Rewards are paid out four times a year, in January, April, July, and October.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: get 1 point for every dollar spent after joining the Dick’s ScoreCard program. For every 300 points, you’ll get a $10 reward.
- Office Depot/Office Max: get 2% back on all purchases once you join their rewards program. After spending $500 in a year, you’ll reach VIP status and get 5% back on ink, paper, toner, and copy/print/ship services.
- Petco: get 1 point for every dollar spent once you join the Pals Rewards program. For every 100 points, you’ll get a $5 reward.
All of the store programs that reward you for purchases are free to join, so they’re definitely worth joining if you’re a frequent shopper. However, if you want to earn rewards faster and at a higher rate, your best bet is to also get a store credit card. Many of the rewards programs listed have accompanying credit cards.
WalletHub Answers is a free service that helps consumers access financial information. Information on WalletHub Answers is provided “as is” and should not be considered financial, legal or investment advice. WalletHub is not a financial advisor, law firm, “lawyer referral service,” or a substitute for a financial advisor, attorney, or law firm. You may want to hire a professional before making any decision. WalletHub does not endorse any particular contributors and cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of any information posted. The helpfulness of a financial advisor's answer is not indicative of future advisor performance.
WalletHub members have a wealth of knowledge to share, and we encourage everyone to do so while respecting our content guidelines
. This question was posted by WalletHub. Please keep in mind that editorial and user-generated content on this page is not reviewed or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution. In addition, it is not a financial institution’s responsibility to ensure all posts and questions are answered.