The Capital One hotels.com bonus allows you to earn you a combined 20% discount on hotel stays when you pay with the Venture or VentureOne cards. You’ll get 10 miles per $1 spent with your Venture or VentureOne card at hotels.com/venture, plus a free night every time you pay for 10 nights.
Here’s an example of how the Capital One Venture hotels.com benefit works: Let’s say you book 10 nights with your Venture card, at $100 each. You pay $1,000. You also earn 10,000 miles, worth $100. That’s a 10% discount. On top of that, you get a free night worth the average price of the 10 nights you paid for. That’s another 10% returned from your $1,000 spent.
So $1,000 in hotel bookings would get you $100 in points and a free stay worth $100, for a total discount of 20%.
The Capital One Venture hotels.com 10x miles bonus expires on January 31, 2020. But there are a few more specifics you should know before using it.
Capital One Hotels.com Bonus Rewards:
- 10 miles per $1 spent on hotels.com/venture with a Venture or VentureOne card. Equal to 10% cash back when you redeem miles for travel.
- 1 free night every time you pay for 10 nights.
- Total discount of up to 20% when you pay for 10 nights.
- The Capital One hotels.com benefit applies to the Venture and VentureOne credit cards until January 31, 2020.
- The Venture hotels.com benefit only applies to prepaid bookings. It does not apply to group reservations with 10+ guests, or to reservations that include a flight.
- Bonus miles will post to your account within two billing cycles. You won’t get to keep any miles earned on a cancelled reservation.
- You don’t need a Capital One Venture card to get a free night after paying for 10 nights on hotels.com. But the 10 miles per $1 earning rate is exclusive to Venture and VentureOne.
You can book reservations at more than 213,000 locations on hotels.com/venture, and redeem free nights with no blackout dates or restrictions. And Venture miles are always worth one cent each when redeemed for travel.
The Capital One Venture hotels.com benefit also pairs really nicely with the Venture card’s big initial rewards bonus: 50,000 miles ($500 in travel) when you spend $3,000 within three months of opening an account. All in all, you can earn a ton of free nights, at least $500 of which you don’t have to book on hotels.com if you don’t want to.
WalletHub Answers is a free service that helps consumers access financial information. Information on WalletHub Answers is provided “as is” and should not be considered financial, legal or investment advice. WalletHub is not a financial advisor, law firm, “lawyer referral service,” or a substitute for a financial advisor, attorney, or law firm. You may want to hire a professional before making any decision. WalletHub does not endorse any particular contributors and cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of any information posted. The helpfulness of a financial advisor's answer is not indicative of future advisor performance.