John S Kiernan, Managing Editor
You can activate your Citi credit card online through the activation page, through the Citi mobile app, or by calling (888) 201-4523 or the number on the back of your card. To activate your card, you will need to provide your Citibank credit card account number, the 3-digit security code on the back of the card, the last 4 digits of the cardholder’s Social Security number, and the cardholder’s birthdate.
It is pretty easy to activate a Citi credit card. The process is necessary as a fraud prevention measure. Its purpose is to give the user access to the card after protecting the account during mailing. The card is invalid until it’s activated.
Here’s how to activate a Citi credit card online:
- Go to the Citi activation website.
- Enter your card number and security code.
- Confirm your identity by filling out your date of birth, and the last 4 digits of Social Security Number.
- Click “Activate a Card.”
- Find your card and click the button stating that you are either the primary cardholder or authorized user for the account to confirm your activation.
Here’s how to activate a Citi credit card using the Citi Mobile app:
- Download the Citi Mobile app.
- Open the app and tap “Register” or “Activate” a card.
- Tap “Credit card.”
- Scan your card.
- Input the CVV, your date of birth, and the last four digits of your SSN.
If you’d like to activate your Citi credit card by phone, you should call from the phone number that you listed on your application for added security. Make sure all information is accurate in order to properly activate a Citi credit card. Otherwise, the activation will not advance to the next step.
It’s easy to know if the activation was successful. Citi provides either a voice or online confirmation that the card is activated. Once activated, the Citi credit card is immediately available for use.
2023's Best Citi Credit CardsCompare Cards
People also ask
Did we answer your question?