Hector Molina, WalletHub Analyst
No, there aren’t any American Express balance transfer deals for existing customers at the moment, at least not on a card that you currently have. Once your Amex card’s balance transfer offer runs out, there’s no way to get another promotional APR on the same card. You can still transfer a balance to that card at any time, but you’ll have to do so at the card’s regular APR.
How to check if your Amex card is eligible for balance transfer offers:
- Go to the Account Services menu from your online account.
- Find the "Card Management" tab.
- Click on "Transfer Balances".
- If you applied for the card recently and there’s still a balance transfer offer available, click the corresponding link.
- Enter the account number(s) for your other creditor(s) and the amount you want to transfer, along with the name and address associated with the account(s).
- Confirm and submit the request.
Even if your current Amex card does not include a balance transfer offer, you can still apply for a new American Express credit card that offers balance transfer deals.
Best American Express Balance Transfer Cards:
Keep in mind that you can’t transfer a balance from one American Express card to another. Also, you can only transfer balances from credit cards, not from loans or other types of debt.
Best American Express Balance Transfer CardsCompare Cards
People also ask
Did we answer your question?