Keyaira Sutton, WalletHub Analyst
The easiest way you can submit an American Express credit card application is either online or by phone, at (800) 223-2670. Alternatively, you can respond to a mail offer.
To apply for an American Express credit card online, click the “Apply Now” button next to the card you want to apply for, then enter the requested personal and financial information, review the card’s terms, and submit the application.
To respond to a mail offer, visit the dedicated web page. Another option would be to fill out the application and mail it back in the addressed, postage-paid envelope that came with the offer.
Here’s how to submit an American Express credit card application by phone:
- Call American Express at (800) 223-2670.
- Say “Apply” when prompted.
- Answer whether the card will be for “Business” or “Personal” use.
- Connect with an American Express representative who will help you fill out your application.
- Provide personal information. This includes your name, email address, date of birth, mobile phone number, home address and Social Security number.
- Provide financial information. This includes your total annual income, your non-taxable annual income (if applicable) and the sources of your income.
- Submit your American Express credit card application.
Once you send in your American Express credit card application, you will likely get an instant decision, though it could take a few days or even a few weeks to hear back in some cases. If your application is approved, you should receive your card in the mail within 7 to 10 business days. And if you don’t hear back right away, you can check your application status online anytime.
2023's Best American Express Credit CardsCompare Cards
Credit score should be in the mid 700's to qualify for this card.
People also ask
Did we answer your question?