Lisa Cahill, Credit Cards Moderator
The Amex return protection reimburses cardholders for undamaged, working items purchased with an eligible American Express card that cannot be returned to the merchant within 90 days of purchase. The American Express return protection coverage limit is $300 per claim and $1,000 per year.
Popular American Express Cards with Return Protection
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- Centurion® Card from American Express
- Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Plum Card® from American Express
- Amazon Business American Express Card
To file an American Express return protection claim, use the online claims center or call (800) 228-6855 within 90 days of the date of purchase. You will then need to submit a claim form and provide any requested supplemental proof within 30 days of starting the claims process.
Keep in mind that not all items will qualify for American Express return protection coverage. As is the case with all card benefits, there is a list of exceptions, so it's important to read the benefits guide that came with your card to find out if an item qualifies.
2023's Best American Express Credit CardsCompare Cards
People also ask
Did we answer your question?