Alex Johnson, WalletHub Credit Card Consultant
Yes, there are some holiday credit card promotions from various issuers, and there are also cards with rewards that aren’t holiday-specific that can save you a ton on holiday shopping. First, let’s take a look at deals by issuer, and then go through cards that are good for holiday shopping in general.
Here are the holiday credit card promotions:
- Amex: Most Amex rewards cards earn twice the points until December 31, 2017. You can also get discounts through “Amex Offers.” For example, right now there’s a deal for double points at Whole Foods and a $50 statement credit when you spend $50+ with Hulu.
- Chase: Chase offers the opportunity to buy tickets to exclusive holiday events, like preferred seating at Radio City Music Hall or cupcake decorating with Duff Goldman. There are also rotating deals in the Chase Ultimate Rewards shopping portal.
- Navy Federal Credit Union: Through December 31, 2017, you get double rewards at warehouse clubs (e.g. Costco, BJ’s) with your NFCU card.
- Wells Fargo: You can redeem rewards at a 10% discount for certain gift cards between now and December 31, 2017.
Plenty of other issuers have ongoing promotions, but they’re not limited to the holidays. You don’t necessarily need to get a holiday deal to get the best value on your holiday shopping, though. Consider some of the following deals that reward spending heavily:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred: 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 during the first 3 months your card is open. That’s worth up to $650 when you redeem it for travel.
- Citi Double Cash: Unlimited 2% cash back on all your purchases, 1% when you buy and 1% when you pay the bill.
- Citi Simplicity: No interest on any purchases for the first 21 months.
- Kohls Credit Card: 30% discount on your first purchase and additional 15% discount coupon by mail.
- Amazon Store Card: 5% off all Amazon purchases with a Prime account, plus a $40 gift card.
Those are just some of the great options available to you in order to make the most of your shopping this month. Have a happy holiday season!
Compare 2023's Popular Credit CardsCompare Cards
Chris Kohl, Member
Not right now, at least not that I know of. Easter's not usually popular enough to warrant promotions. Still, you could call the Chase Freedom bonus 5% calendar a promotion, since it changes every quarter.
Did we answer your question?