The Barclaycard balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount transferred or $5 (whichever is more) for all Barclays credit cards but the Ring Card. Barclaycard Ring’s balance transfer fee is2% (min. $5).
Barclaycard’s balance transfer fees, like those charged by most credit card issuers, are a percentage of the amount you’re transferring or a flat fee, whichever is greater. So if you’re transferring $166 or less, you’ll pay a flat $5. If it’s more than that, you’ll pay 2% or 3% of the transfer amount.
The balance transfer fee gets added to what you owe as soon as you make a transfer. If you have a 0% balance transfer Barclaycard, you won’t have to pay interest on that balance until your intro rate ends. And luckily, there are several excellent Barclaycard 0% balance transfer offers.
Barclaycard Balance Transfer Offers:
- Barclaycard Ring: 0% for 15 months*, 2% balance transfer fee, $0 annual fee
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus: 0% for 12 billing cycles*, 3% balance transfer fee, $89 annual fee ($0 first year)
- JetBlue Card: 0% for 12 months, 3% balance transfer fee, $0 annual fee
- Frontier Airlines Credit Card: 0% for 15 months, 3% balance transfer fee, $79 annual fee
- Lufthansa Miles & More World Elite Mastercard: 0% for 15 months, 3% balance transfer fee, $89 annual fee
While Barclaycard has plenty of cards offering 0% intro APR for balance transfers, it’s not recommended to get a balance transfer card that has an annual fee. Your best option is the Barclaycard Ring, thanks to its long 0% intro period, $0 annual fee, and a lower balance transfer fee than other Barclays credit cards.