Yes, you can use a Best Buy credit card anywhere if you have the Best Buy® Credit Card or the Best Buy® Gold Visa Credit Card. But you can only use the Best Buy® Store Card at Best Buy.
The only difference between the Best Buy® Credit Card and the Best Buy® Gold Visa Credit Card is that the former comes with a $0 annual fee, while the latter charges $59 as an annual fee. Your creditworthiness will determine which of the two you get approved for. Both cards offer the same rewards, which include 2.5 points / $1 (5% back) at Best Buy along with 5 points/$1 (10% back in rewards) on your first day purchases made on either credit card, within 14 days of account opening.
Here’s where you can use a Best Buy credit card:
- The Best Buy® Store Card can only be used at Best Buy.
- The Best Buy® Credit Card and Best Buy® Gold Visa Credit Card can be used anywhere that accepts Visa.
- All three cards offer 2.5 points / $1 (5% back in rewards) at Best Buy, and 6% for Best Buy Elite Plus. Best Buy Elite Plus membership is awarded after spending $3,500 in a calendar year.
- The Best Buy® Credit Card and Best Buy® Gold Visa Credit Card offer 10% back in rewards (5 points/$1) on your first day of Best Buy purchases charged to either card within 14 days of account opening.
- The Best Buy® Credit Card and Best Buy® Gold Visa Credit Card offer 3% back (1.5 points/$1) on gas station purchases and 2% back (1 point/$1) on restaurants, bars and groceries. In addition, you get 1% back in rewards (0.5 points / $1) on any other purchase made outside of Best Buy.
You can use your Best Buy® Credit Card and Best Buy® Gold Visa Credit Card pretty much anywhere as the Visa card network is the most widely accepted internationally. However, using the Best Buy® Store Card is restricted to Best Buy. Regardless of where you use your Best Buy credit cards, you’re still going to get the most value for your buck at Best Buy. You earn rewards at a higher rate at Best Buy, and those rewards are only redeemable for Best Buy gift certificates.
If rewards on gas and restaurants are what you’re looking for, the PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature® Card offers 5 points / $1 spent on gas purchases, while the Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card gives you 3% cash back on dining, entertainment, popular streaming services and grocery store purchases. And they can both be used anywhere.