WalletHub, Financial Company
You can cancel a Chase Freedom Flex card either online or by calling customer service at (800) 432-3117. If you choose to call them, enter your Chase Freedom Flex card number and ask to connect with a Chase customer service representative. Then, tell the rep that you’d like to cancel your Chase Freedom Flex account.
Customer service may try to change your mind by offering a retention bonus. But if you’re set on canceling, simply decline that offer, and the Chase representative should be able to instantly close your Chase Freedom Flex account.
How To Cancel Chase Freedom Flex Online
- Log in to your Chase account.
- Click the three horizontal lines in the top left of the page to open the menu.
- Select “Secure messages” and confirm that the email address you have on file is correct.
- Choose “New message” at the top right of the page.
- Select “I have a question about one of my accounts” from the first dropdown menu.
- Pick the Chase Freedom Flex account from the second dropdown menu and choose “Account Inquiry” in the third.
- Click “Send us a message” and explain why you’d like to cancel your card in the space provided.
- Send your message.
Chase will send a notification within a half hour through the Secure Message Center to confirm their receipt of your request and to inform you that a reply will be issued within 24 hours. You will receive an email when that response is available. To view it, just log back in to the Secure Message Center. You should then have written confirmation that your Chase Freedom Flex card has been canceled.
Things to Know Before Cancelling Your Chase Freedom Flex
There are a few things you should know before canceling, though. Even if you cancel a Chase Freedom Flex card, you’ll still need to pay any balance owed on your account. Chase will continue to send you monthly bills until your outstanding balance is paid down to $0. You will also lose any unredeemed cash back that you’ve accumulated, so make sure to redeem that before canceling.
Finally, closing your account will likely hurt your credit score. You can check out the WalletHub credit score simulator to see how your credit score is likely to change as a result of canceling your Chase Freedom Flex card.
Chase Freedom Flex℠
People also ask
Did we answer your question?