Most Capital One credit cards and debit cards are Apple Pay-compatible. “Partner cards” co-branded with a certain business or organization are the only Capital One-issued credit cards that are not compatible with Apple Pay.
In other words, all of the standard Capital One credit cards are Apple Pay-compatible, including Venture, Quicksilver and Savor. That means cardholders can simply tap their phone on a Bluetooth reader to make purchases with their Capital One card, after adding the card to Apple Pay on their device.
This works somewhat like a contactless credit card, but with Apple Pay, the credit card doesn’t have to be present to complete the transaction. Of course, it’s only an option at merchants that accept Apple Pay. The list includes high-profile retailers such as Ace Hardware, Best Buy, Disney Store, Dunkin Donuts, GameStop, GAP, JetBlue, KFC, Kohl’s, Staples, Starbucks, Walgreens and more.
How to use Capital One with Apple Pay:
1. Download the Apple Pay mobile app for free.
2. Sign in to iCloud.
3. Open the Apple Pay app.
4. Tap the blue plus sign (+) to add your card to your Apple Wallet.
5. Scan the card with the phone’s camera or enter the card’s details manually.
6. Confirm everything is correct and add the card.
7. Pay with Apple Pay at merchants by opening the app and tapping the phone on the reader, or by logging in to Apple Pay online.
Using a Capital One card with Apple Pay charges the purchase to the card just like if you swiped the card itself. And the card still has all the normal protections and benefits it would normally have. That includes earning rewards on purchases made through Apple Pay.