You can add an authorized user to your Capital One account either online or over the phone, at (877) 338-4802. And you can add anyone, regardless of age or relationship, as an authorized user to your Capital One credit card account. You just need their Social Security number, birth date and address.
To add a Capital One authorized user online, log into your account, click “Services,” then “Manage Users,” and finally “Add New User.” To do so by phone, call the number on the back of your Capital One card, and when prompted, say you would like to add an authorized user. After you enter your card number, a customer service representative will take the new user’s information and get them set up.
That’s how it works in general. But there are some details you should be aware of before adding an authorized user to your Capital One card.
Here are Capital One’s authorized user policies:
- You have to wait until you’re approved for a Capital One card to add a user.
- You can add as many authorized users as you would like to your account.
- Each authorized user will receive his or her own card, linked to your account.
- You can customize the spending limit of each user when you add them online. Or you can call customer service at (877) 338-4802 and ask a representative to do it for you.
- You will be responsible for paying the charges made by any authorized user.
- You’ll still get only one statement per month, but you’ll be able to see who made each charge.
- Only the primary cardholder can add an authorized user to an account.
Adding a Capital One authorized user is a straightforward process, especially since the person you’re adding doesn’t need to apply. And it’s a great way to help someone who’s new to credit build their history, so long as both you and your authorized user behave responsibly.