Thom Fotenberg, WalletHub Credit Card Analyst
You can order a Capital One credit card PIN either online or by calling Capital One’s automated system at the number you see on the back of your card. You may have the option to get the PIN immediately by email or text. If not, it will come in 7-10 business days by mail.
You don’t need a Capital One credit card PIN to make purchases. But you will need one to do a cash advance at an ATM. This may come in handy in foreign countries that use chip-and-PIN card readers.
Here’s how to get a Capital One credit card PIN:
- Online: Log into your Capital One account and click on “More Account Settings,” then “Control Your Card,” and finally “Get a Cash Advance.” You may have the option to get a PIN instantly by email or text. Otherwise, you’ll have to request one by mail, and it will take 7-10 business days to arrive.
- Over the phone: Call the number you see on the back of your card, enter your card number and follow the prompts to request a PIN. You’ll get it by mail in 7-10 business days. If you already have a PIN and want to change it, you can choose a new number right away.
Ordering a Capital One credit card PIN for emergency cash advances isn’t a bad idea, but you should be careful not to use your card at an ATM too often. Cash advances come with hefty fees, and interest starts accruing immediately.
2023's Best Capital One Credit CardsCompare Cards
Bill Voughn, Member
You can just call them at (800) 227-4825. You need a PIN for two things: getting a cash advance and using your card in Europe. Most countries in Europe use Chip and PIN (with NFC just starting), so it's good to have that ready.
Monica Durante, Member
The easiest way you can order a Capital One credit card PIN is online, by signing in to your credit card account. Alternatively, you can request a PIN either by calling their customer service at (800) 227-4825 or via mail.
Here’s how you can order a Capital One credit card PIN:
- Online: Log in to your credit card account. Then, click "More Account Settings", find "Control Your Card" and follow the directions under "Get a Cash Advance."
- Phone: To order a Capital One credit card PIN over the phone, call customer service at (800) 227-4825 and follow the directions given by their automated system.
- Mail: You can also request a PIN by mail. The address is:
Attn: General Correspondence
P.O. Box 30285
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0285
Normally, your PIN should arrive by mail in about 7 to 10 business days. If you choose to order it online, though, they may be able to send you a code by email or text. In this case, you could select a custom PIN to use right away.
People also ask
I need a pin number for my capital one card. You can email me it to me please
Did we answer your question?