The Capital One Quicksilver foreign transaction fee is $0. There are no Capital One Quicksilver international fees for using your card abroad or shopping online from foreign-based merchants. And that’s great news for you, because foreign transaction fees will usually add an extra 1%-3% to every purchase you make.
By the way, the $0 Capital One Quicksilver foreign transaction fee applies to both Quicksilver cards: Quicksilver (for good credit or better) and QuicksilverOne (for limited/fair credit). Actually, no Cap 1 credit card has an international fee.
There are a couple other things you should be aware of before going on an international spending spree, though.
Here are the Capital One Quicksilver foreign transaction fee details:
- Capital One Quicksilver does not charge a foreign transaction fee.
- Capital One QuicksilverOne has no foreign transaction fee.
- No Capital One credit card charges a foreign fee.
- Foreign transaction fees aren’t just for in-person transactions. They can also apply to online or phone purchases made through internationally located merchants.
- Instead of wasting up to 3% on foreign fees, which many other cards charge, you’ll be earning 1.5% back with every Quicksilver purchase, thanks to its cash rewards.
- The Capital One Quicksilver annual fee is $0.
So Capital One Quicksilver won’t cost you extra on foreign transactions. But it might not save you as much as possible, either. If you want the most travel value from Capital One, consider the Venture card. It has a 50,000-mile initial bonus and gives 2 miles per $1 on all purchases.