Bogdan Roberts, Credit Cards Moderator
You can get pre-approved for the Capital One Quicksilver card online. The process should only take a few minutes. You may also receive a pre-approved offer via mail.
Keep in mind that the Capital One pre-approval tool is not specific to Capital One Quicksilver Card, so it will display all the eligible Capital One credit cards for which you’re likely to be approved. The results are based on a basic review of your credit. This review will result in a soft inquiry and does not affect your credit score.
Here’s how to check for Capital One Quicksilver pre-approval:
- Visit Capital One’s pre-approval web page.
- Select the type of card that appeals to you: rewards (select at least this option for the Capital One Quicksilver), low interest, or you can just skip the question.
- Complete the form with the required personal information (such as contact details, Social Security Number, types of bank accounts in your name, employment status, total annual income, rent/mortgage payments).
- Check the boxes confirming you reviewed the Electronic Communications Disclosure and understood that you’re not submitting a credit card application.
- Click "See if I’m Pre-Approved".
What you should know about Capital One Quicksilver pre-approved offers:
- If you’ve received a Capital One Quicksilver pre-approval offer in the mail, that means you’re already pre-approved. Capital One has initiated a soft inquiry and determined that you would likely qualify.
- To apply, visit Capital One’s dedicated web page and enter the reservation number and access code from the pre-approval letter. You will need this information in order to have the application flagged as pre-approved.
- When presented with a pre-approval offer, you will still have to submit a formal application.
Keep in mind that Capital One Quicksilver pre-approval doesn’t guarantee you’ll get the card, but the odds of being approved are in your favor. When you apply, Capital One will request permission to pull your full credit report. This will result in a hard inquiry, and it may cause your credit score to temporarily drop by a few points.
Capital One Quicksilver requires at least good credit for approval, so make sure you know where you stand before applying. You can check your score for free, right here on WalletHub.
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card
People also ask
Did we answer your question?