Theo Frank, WalletHub Credit Card Analyst
The Capital One Savor rental car insurance protects cardholders against damage and theft, up to the cash value of the rented vehicle. To get coverage, you must charge the entire cost of the rental to your Capital One Savor. And you have to decline any insurance offered by the rental agency.
Please note that coverage is secondary. That means if you, or an authorized driver has primary auto insurance that covers eligible damages, the Capital One Savor rental car insurance will only cover the deductible and other eligible amounts not covered by the other insurance.
Here is how the Capital One Savor rental car insurance works:
- Overview: Covers Capital One Savor cardholders and eligible authorized drivers against physical damage, theft, towing and loss of use charges. Rental cost must be charged to the Capital One Savor and the rental period must not exceed 31 consecutive days. The benefit is secondary to any other existing rental car insurance policies and applies worldwide, with the exception of countries where the evidence of coverage is prohibited or in conflict with local laws.
- What is covered: Physical damage and theft of eligible vehicles; reasonable loss of use charges imposed by the vehicle rental company for the period of time the rental vehicle is out of service (these charges must be substantiated by a location and class-specific fleet-utilization logs); towing charges to the nearest collision repair facility.
- What is not covered: Trucks; pickups; full-sized vans; off-road vehicles and other RVs; trailers; motorcycles (any vehicle having less than four wheels) and antique vehicles are among the excluded categories.
- How much is covered: Coverage is for the lesser of the actual repair amount, wholesale market value, or the rental agency’s purchase invoice, less salvage and depreciation, up to any preset amount specified in your guide to benefits.
- How to claim: Visit mycardbenefits.com or call (888) 531-4227 to open a claim. You must report the claim within 60 days of the loss and submit the requested documentation within 180 days of the incident.
The above information is for Capital One Savor cards that are issued as World Mastercard and World Elite Mastercard. Capital One Savor belongs to the Mastercard network, but networks are subject to change. So it’s a good idea to match your network with the corresponding benefit guide on Capital One’s dedicated web page. You can also log in to your Capital One Savor online account, select the "I Want To" menu and click "Read about Card Benefits."
People also ask
Did we answer your question?