Chip Lupo, Credit Card Writer
The Capital One secured credit card interest rate is 29.99% (V), for both the Capital One Platinum Secured Credit Card and the Capital One Quicksilver Secured Cash Rewards Credit Card. While the 29.99% (V) APR is considered a high regular interest rate, it’s on par with what most secured credit cards charge. Secured cards are not designed for carrying a balance from month to month, and they are available to people with bad or no credit.
Key Things to Know About Capital One Secured Card Interest Rates
- Capital One’s credit card interest rates are listed under the “Interest Charge Calculation” section on the card’s monthly statement.
- Both Capital One Platinum Secured and Capital One Quicksilver Secured have a grace period that runs from the day your statement closes until the payment due date.
- You’ll avoid paying interest on purchases if you pay the statement balance in full during this timeframe every month.
- Keep in mind that carrying a balance past the due date will cancel the grace period.
- To restore the grace period, you will need to pay the entire balance for two consecutive months.
Note that cash advances on both Capital One Platinum Secured and Capital One Quicksilver Secured will also accrue interest. But unlike regular credit card purchases, cash advances accrue interest immediately, with no grace period.
Capital One Platinum Secured Credit Card
People also ask
Did we answer your question?