Maria Adams, Credit Cards Moderator
You can apply for the Capital One Venture either online or at a branch. To submit your application, you’ll need your annual income, monthly housing payment amount, Social Security Number (SSN), and contact information. Capital One Venture applications can also be submitted by mail or by calling customer service.
Before you fill out your Capital One Venture application, make sure to check your latest credit score. Try to get pre-qualified for the Capital One Venture, too. This will only result in a soft inquiry, which won’t affect your credit score. These two steps will give you a good sense of whether applying for the Capital One Venture card is the way to go.
Here are some Capital One Venture card application tips:
- Check Credit Score: You need a 700+ credit score (good credit) for good approval odds.
- See If You’re Pre-Qualified: You can check for Capital One Venture card pre-qualification online. Your odds of approval are around 80%+ if you pre-qualify.
- Personal Information: The first part of the Capital One Venture card application requires your full name, birthday, SSN, and U.S. citizenship status.
- Contact Information: Provide your living address, mailing address, email address, and phone number. Note that P.O. box addresses are not accepted.
- Financial Information: Select your employment status: employed, student, retired, unemployed or “Other”. List your total annual income and monthly rent or mortgage payment.
- Communication Agreement: Agree to the Electronic Communications Disclosure. This allows Capital One to communicate with you about your Capital One Venture card application and account by email.
- Review the Fine Print: The Capital One Venture card’s terms are at the bottom of the application. Make sure you’re aware of all the fees, APRs, and rewards processes that could affect how much you’re able to save.
- Submit Your Application: Hit the “Continue” button to complete your Capital One Venture card application.
After submitting the application, well-qualified applicants may receive instant approval. Otherwise, you’ll get a decision by email within 7-10 business days. You will receive your card by mail within 7-10 business days of getting approved. Denied applications will get an email in 7-10 calendar days explaining Capital One’s reasoning.
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
People also ask
Did we answer your question?