You can check for Capital One Venture pre approval online by going to Capital One’s pre approval page and entering your name, address, date of birth and Social Security number. Then indicate the card benefit most important to you, select your credit rating and click “See Your Card Offers” at the bottom of the page. You’ll see which, if any, Capital One credit cards you’re pre-approved for in less than 60 seconds. This could include the Venture Card, if a basic review of your creditworthiness indicates you’re likely qualified.
When you check for Capital One Venture pre approval, there’s a “soft inquiry” on your credit report. It doesn’t affect your score, which is why pre approval is so helpful. There’s no risk, and you can avoid applying for cards you have no chance of getting. Pre approval does not guarantee approval. But it means that your chances are really good.
You don’t always have to check, either. Sometimes, Capital One Venture card pre-approval comes to you. People from time to time get pre approved Capital One Venture offers in the mail. If you get one, you can go online and enter the Reservation Number and Access Code from your pre approval letter. You should then be directed to the Venture card application, which will be flagged as pre approved.
Here’s how to check for Capital One Venture pre approval:
- Go to Capital One’s pre approval page: capitalone.com/credit-cards/prequalify.
- Enter your name, address, date of birth and Social Security number.
- Choose the card benefit most important to you: travel rewards, cash back, low interest or not sure yet.
- Select your credit level: Excellent, average or rebuilding.
- Check the box that reads, “I understand that this is not a credit card application.”
- Click “See Your Card Offers” at the bottom of the page.
- Any Capital One cards you’re pre approved for will appear in less than 60 seconds. You can then click a link to apply for whichever you choose.
You can also respond online to a Capital One Venture pre approval offer you received in the mail. On the welcome page, enter the Reservation Number and Access Code from your pre approval letter to go to the Venture card application.
Being pre approved does not guarantee approval if you apply. And if you do not get Capital One Venture pre approval, it does not mean it’s impossible for you to get the card.
There’s no limit to the number of times you can check for Capital One pre approval. And the soft inquiries will not affect your credit score.