Bogdan Roberts, Credit Cards Moderator
You can get pre-approved for the Capital One Venture card online. You may also receive a pre-approved offer via mail.
Once you check for pre-approval, you'll see which (if any) Capital One credit cards you're pre-approved for. This could include the Capital One Venture, if a basic review of the specifics of your credit indicates you're likely to qualify. This inquiry will result in a soft pull and does not affect your credit score.
Here's how to check for Capital One Venture pre-approval:
- Go to Capital One's pre-approval web page.
- Complete the form with the required personal information (such as your contact details, date of birth, Social Security number, types of bank accounts in your name, employment status, total annual income, and monthly rent/mortgage payments).
- Check the box that confirms you have read and agreed to the terms. Also check the box that confirms you understand you are not submitting a credit card application and you are authorizing Capital One to obtain information that determines your eligibility for credit card offers.
- Click "See If I'm Pre-Approved" at the bottom of the page.
- Any Capital One cards you're pre-approved for will appear in less than 60 seconds. You can then click a link to apply for whichever you choose.
Capital One also occasionally mails pre-approved Capital One Venture offers to select customers. Should you receive such an offer, you can respond to it online. To do so, enter the reservation number and access code from your pre-approval letter to be redirected to the Capital One Venture application.
What you should know about the Capital One Venture pre-approval:
- Being pre-approved indicates good odds of approval, but it does not guarantee it.
- If you do not get Capital One Venture pre-approval, it does not mean it's impossible for you to get the card.
- Unlike checking for pre-approval, applying for the Capital One Venture will trigger a hard inquiry on your credit report which can temporarily cause a dip in your credit score.
- There's no limit to the number of times you can check for Capital One pre approval, but if you submitted the online form within the last 2 days, Capital One may provide you with your most recent result, rather than re-process your information.
Ultimately, it is worth noting that Capital One Venture requires a credit score of 700, at a minimum. That means you need good credit or better to get approved. If you don't know where you stand, you can check your score for free, right here on WalletHub.
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
People also ask
Did we answer your question?