Millie Berring, Member
Capital One Venture rental car insurance covers damage from collision or theft, up to the full cash value of most rental vehicles. It also covers towing to the nearest repair shop. To get Capital One Venture rental car insurance, you just need to pay for the rental with your Capital One Venture card and decline the rental company’s insurance. Coverage lasts for up to 15 days domestically and up to 31 days internationally.
The benefit will act as primary coverage if you don’t have car insurance. If you have car insurance, the benefit will act as supplemental coverage. International car rentals automatically receive the benefit as primary coverage. Damage must be reported within 45 days of the incident, and claims must be filed within 90 days.
Here’s how Capital One Venture rental car insurance works:
- Cost: $0
- Length of Coverage: Up to 15 consecutive days for domestic rentals, and up to 31 consecutive days internationally.
- Covered events: Collision damage, and theft.
- Coverage Value: Vehicle’s original cash value, plus a tow to the nearest repair shop.
- Vehicles Covered: Most cars, minivans, and SUVS.
- Vehicles Not Covered: Trucks, motorcycles, mopeds, motorbikes, limousines, RVs, vehicles over 20 years old and luxury vehicles (e.g. Aston Martin, Lamborghini, and Porsche).
- Countries Not Covered: Jamaica, Ireland, and Israel.
- Other Exclusions: Lost or stolen personal items, personal injuries, and medical expenses.
- Time to Report Damage: 45 days from the incident.
- Time to File a Claim: 90 days from the incident.
- Filing a Claim: You can file a claim by phone at (800) 825-4062, online or by mail. Include copies of your rental agreement, billing statement showing the rental, proof of car insurance (or notarized statement of no insurance), repair bill, and incident report from the rental agency.
It’s worth noting that the above information is accurate for Capital One Venture cards that are issued as Visa Signature cards. While Capital One Venture is issued on the Visa network, keep in mind that networks are subject to change.
Ultimately, the Capital One Venture rental car insurance could be a huge money-saver. It’s important to note that if you have another driver, they must be listed on the rental agreement, otherwise you will not be eligible to receive coverage.
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
People also ask
Did we answer your question?