WalletHub, Financial Company
You can add a Chase credit card authorized user through your Chase.com account or over the phone at (800) 935-9935. Anyone can be a Chase authorized user, regardless of their age or relationship to you. The only information you’ll need is the authorized user’s name, birthday, and address.
Here’s how to add a Chase authorized user online:
- Log in to your account at Chase.com.
- Go to the “Accounts” tab.
- Click the three dots on the far right under your card, then “More options.”
- Click the “Account Services” dropdown menu.
- Select “Add an authorized user.”
- Make an ID and password for your authorized user.
- Choose your authorized user’s level of access: None, View Only, or Transact.
- Add other limits, such as the types of transactions your authorized user can make and whether his or her purchases need your approval.
- Decide whether the authorized user can approve purchases made by other users.
- Give the ID and password to the authorized user.
Before adding a Chase authorized user, it’s useful to remember what that means for you. You are the one liable for all charges, so make sure you trust the authorized user to act responsibly, or limit their access and privileges.
It’s worth noting that Chase authorized users are never able to change your account information, change your password, or request an increase or decrease to your credit limit.
2023's Best Chase Credit CardsCompare Cards
People also ask
Did we answer your question?