It’s easy (and free) to add a Chase Freedom authorized user. Just sign into your Chase.com account, click “Things you can do,” and select “Add an authorized user” from the menu. Then provide some basic info about the authorized user, customize a few settings and you’re done. Your authorized user will receive his or her Chase Freedom card in 7 to 10 business days and will be able to charge purchases to your account after activating the card.
There are no restrictions on who you can add as a Chase Freedom authorized user, not even a minimum age requirement. So this is a great way to help your kids build credit, for example.
Here’s how to add a Chase Freedom authorized user:
1. Log in to your account at Chase.com.
2. Click on “Things you can do.”
3. From the dropdown menu, select “Add an authorized user.”
4. Fill in the authorized user’s name, birthday and address.
5. Create a temporary username and password, both of which the authorized user can later change.
6. Choose what types of transactions the user can make, how much they can spend, and whether purchases need to be approved by you.
7. Give the username and password to your authorized user. They can now log in to the Chase account. Chase should send the card within 7-10 business days.
Just remember that you’re responsible for purchases made by your authorized user!