Chase Freedom return protection reimburses you for items purchased with Chase Freedom in the past 90 days that you’re unable to return. Chase Freedom provides up to $250 in coverage per item and $1,000 per year. It’s not automatic though. You have to file a claim, and the item must be like-new, in working condition.
Here’s how to get Chase Freedom return protection:
1. Try to return the item. Chase won’t reimburse you for an item that’s eligible to be returned to the retailer that sold it.
2. Call the Chase Benefit Administrator at 1-800-874-7702 within 90 days of buying the item. Describe the incident and Chase will send you a claim form.
3. Complete & return the claim form within 30 days of calling the Benefit Administrator. Include the sales receipt for the item and your original credit card receipt. If you submitted your claim within 30 days of the purchase date, you may also be asked to provide proof of the store’s return policy. Send all materials to:
Card Benefit Services
P.O. Box 2894
Great Falls, MT 59403
4. Send the item. If Chase thinks your claim is valid, they’ll ask you to send them the item in its original packaging, including any manuals and warranty docs. The cost of shipping is on you.
5. Wait for Chase’s evaluation. If Chase receives your item in good, working condition, they will send you a check for the value of the item within 60 days.
If your item is broken, it won’t be eligible for this benefit. In that case, you should instead make a claim with Chase Freedom purchase protection, which offers up to $500 in coverage per damaged item.