Chip Lupo, Credit Card Writer
To do a balance transfer with the Freedom Student card, new applicants can just complete the balance transfer portion of the Freedom Student application. Existing cardholders can request a balance transfer online or by calling customer service at (800) 432-3117.
Freedom Student balance transfers usually take up to 21 days to process. In the meantime, continue to make payments on your original debt to avoid any late fees and possible damage to your credit score.
How to Do a Balance Transfer with Freedom Student (New Applicants)
- Open the Freedom Student application.
- Enter the account number for your existing balance.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Include standard application info such as your name, Social Security number, and annual income.
- Submit the application.
How to Do a Balance Transfer with Freedom Student (Existing Cardholders)
- Log in to your Freedom Student account.
- Select “Card balance transfers” from the Pay & Transfer menu.
- Click on the balance transfer offer you’d like to redeem.
- Enter the account number(s) and the amount(s) you’d like to transfer.
- Verify your information is correct and submit the application.
Key Things to Know About a Freedom Student Balance Transfer
The Freedom Student card accepts balance transfers from other credit cards, and Chase may allow you to send some or all of your available credit to your checking account to pay non-credit card debts with balance transfer terms. The Freedom Student card does not allow balance transfers from other Chase credit accounts.
If you’re transferring a balance to a credit card with an introductory APR on balance transfers, try to pay off the balance before the introductory rate expires. Any balance remaining after that will accumulate interest daily at the card’s regular APR. Using a balance transfer calculator can be a big help.
Finally, the card’s balance transfer fee is: either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater in the first 60 days (5%, min $5 after). Make sure to take this into account, too.
Chase Freedom® Student credit card
People also ask
Did we answer your question?