Chip Lupo, Credit Card Writer
The Chase Ink travel insurance benefits include trip cancellation/interruption insurance, baggage delay insurance, and travel accident insurance, among others. To file a travel insurance claim, you’ll need to first pay for your travel using your Chase Ink credit card.
Types of Chase Ink Travel Insurance
- Trip delay insurance: This benefit reimburses you for necessary expenses – such as a hotel room, for example – if your trip is delayed for 12 hours or more.
- Trip cancellation/interruption insurance: This benefit covers your trip for unforeseen cancellations or for interruptions that cut your trip short. It only applies to pre-paid, non-refundable travel expenses.
- Baggage delay insurance: If your baggage arrives over 6 hours late to the destination, you’re covered for essentials that you purchase due to the delay.
- Lost/damaged baggage insurance: If your luggage is lost or stolen, you can get reimbursed for the contents of the luggage up to $3,000.
- Travel accident insurance: This insurance covers cardholders in the event of death or dismemberment during the trip or during transit.
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver (CDW): Offers secondary coverage against collision damage, theft, and towing charges up to the vehicle’s actual cash value.
- Roadside Dispatch: 24/7 hotline for services such as towing (up to five miles), tire changes, jump starts, fuel delivery, and lockout assistance (no key replacement).
- Travel Emergency Services: Provides referrals for medical and legal assistance, arranges for emergency transportation, and helps change travel reservations. Service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Exclusions and coverage limits apply to many of these benefits. So, check the guide to benefits that came with your Chase Ink credit card to see which types of travel insurance are included. The guide will also show coverage amounts and other details on each of your travel insurance benefits.
If you are looking for a Chase Ink credit card with travel insurance, some good choices include the Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card and the Ink Business Premier. There are plenty of other options, though. So, if travel insurance is important for you, check out our recommendations for the best credit cards for travel insurance available right now on the market.
People also ask
Did we answer your question?