Chip Lupo, Credit Card Writer
To make the most of Chase Sapphire Reserve® rental car insurance, use the Sapphire Reserve card to pay every time you rent a car and decline the supplementary coverage offered by the rental company. Chase Sapphire Reserve offers rental car insurance as a free benefit, and cardholders are covered up to $75,000. Taking advantage of the rental car discounts available to Sapphire Reserve cardholders can also help you maximize your savings.
Key Things to Know About Chase Sapphire Reserve Rental Car Insurance
- How to Use the Coverage. A cardholder must decline the rental agency’s insurance and pay for the rental entirely with a Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card.
- Coverage Amount. Up to $75,000.
- Covered Costs. Chase Sapphire Reserve rental car insurance covers theft, damage, valid loss-of-use charges imposed and substantiated by the auto rental company, administrative fees, and reasonable towing charges.
- How Long You’re Covered. The Chase Sapphire Reserve rental car insurance benefit covers domestic rentals up to 31 days.
- Coverage For Rental Vehicles in Another Country. Chase rental car insurance covers eligible cardholders for 31 days when renting vehicles in another country.
- Coverage Exclusions. The Chase Sapphire Reserve rental car insurance benefit does not cover antique cars, cargo vans, vehicles with open cargo beds, trucks, and others. Coverage also does not apply to certain incidents such as damage to any other driver’s car, the injury of anyone, or damage to anything is not covered.
- Chase Rental Car Insurance Claims. To file a Chase Sapphire Reserve rental car insurance claim, call the Benefit Administrator at 1-888-675-1461 or visit the card’s benefits website to obtain a claim form. You will need to submit the claim form, along with any requested supporting documents – such as a copy of the accident report, a copy of the auto rental agreement, a copy of the repair estimate or bill, and photographs of the damaged vehicle – no later than 120 days after the incident. You should receive payment from the Benefits Administrator within 15 days after receipt of all documents and the validation of your claim.
Chase Sapphire Reserve Car Rental Discounts
National Car Rental, Avis, and Silvercar all offer special privileges to customers who rent using Chase Sapphire Reserve. Log in to your Chase Ultimate Rewards account, then click the “Travel Benefits” page and find the “Special Car Rental Privileges” section. You might get free car upgrades, discounts on rentals and other promotional offers.
Chase Sapphire Reserve®
People also ask
Did we answer your question?