Gina Marte, WalletHub Advisor
Chase Sapphire Reserve emergency medical insurance covers you for emergency medical care up to a specified amount, if you become sick or accidentally injured while traveling at least 100 miles from home.
Cardholders are also eligible for daily reimbursements of up to a preset amount for hotel convalescence, for a maximum of five days. You will qualify for the additional reimbursement only if the attending physician determines that you should recover in a hotel immediately after your release from the hospital, before returning home.
Here’s what the Chase Sapphire Reserve medical insurance covers:
- Overview: Reimbursement for eligible medical expenses related to emergency treatment for sickness or accidental injury that are not covered by your medical insurance. The covered trip must be purchased with an eligible Chase Sapphire Reserve card or earned rewards.
- Who is covered: Cardholder and the cardholder’s spouse or domestic partner or legally dependent children under 19 (under 26 if enrolled in full-time education at an accredited institution).
- What is covered: Necessary services of a legally qualified physician, surgeon, nurse, dentist, or osteopath; hospital/operating room charges; anesthetics, x-rays or treatments, and lab tests; ambulance services; medicines along with therapeutic services and supplies.
- What is not covered: While this list is not exhaustive, examples include non-emergency services or charges; care not rendered by physicians, hospitals, or dentists; experimental/investigative care; care that is not deemed as medically necessary by the Benefit Administrator.
- How to claim: You must notify the benefit Administrator at (800) 390-4235 within 90 days from the date of occurrence. The Benefit Administrator will send you a claim form which must be submitted along with supporting documentation within 180 days from the date of occurrence.
Chase Sapphire Reserve is geared toward frequent travelers and has a comprehensive list of travel benefits, in addition to the emergency medical and dental coverage. For more details about your Chase Sapphire Reserve emergency medical and dental coverage, consult your guide to benefits or call the number on the back of your card.
Chase Sapphire Reserve®
People also ask
Did we answer your question?