You can book travel accommodations with Chase rewards by visiting the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal through your online account. There, you can search for flights, hotels, rental cars, cruises, vacation rentals, and more. Plus you can book your travel with your points, with cash, or a mixture of the two.
How to book travel through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal
- Navigate to the Chase Ultimate Rewards section of your Chase online account.
- Choose “Travel” or “Redeem for Travel” from the menu at the top.
- Find a flight, hotel, car rental, vacation rental, cruise, or event to book.
- Enter your details on the next few pages. This may include your name/names of passengers, flight and luggage options, dates of events you’re booking, among other things.
- Decide how to pay. You’ll be taken to a page that tells you how many points or dollars your travel choices will cost, and you can choose how many points you want to spend. The rest will be charged to your Chase credit card.
What your Chase points are worth in travel
Your Chase Ultimate Rewards points will redeem at different values depending on which Chase card you have. Chase Sapphire Reserve and J.P. Morgan Reserve points get 1.5 cents per point when redeemed for travel through the Ultimate Rewards travel portal. Chase Sapphire Preferred and Ink Business Preferred points get 1.25 per point on travel redemptions. All other Chase cards’ points are worth 1 cent per point on Ultimate Rewards travel.
If you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve card, you can also transfer points to Chase’s hotel and airline partners at a 1:1 ratio. You may be able to find better deals that way, in some cases.
Chase’s travel rewards credit cards are some of the best on the market, particularly Sapphire Preferred and Sapphire Reserve. And the Chase Ultimate Rewards program generally promotes travel. However, you can always spend your points on cash back or gift cards too if you’d like.
How to earn Chase travel rewards
You can earn Chase travel rewards by charging purchases to any Chase rewards credit card. All Chase Ultimate Rewards points are redeemable for travel. Plus, you can earn even more points via the Shop through Chase section of the Ultimate Rewards portal – up to 25% more points for your dollar, actually.
Some Chase travel rewards can take time to show up in your account. For example, it can take 6-8 weeks for points from an initial bonus to be delivered. Rewards earned through purchases should show up shortly after your statement closes.