Citi credit card rental insurance covers you for up to $50,000 when you pay for the entire rental with your Citi card. Coverage includes damages from an accident or theft. You must also decline the rental agency’s insurance to be eligible for the benefit.
Known as World Car Rental, Citi’s car rental insurance coverage is secondary. This means if you have a car insurance policy that covers theft and damages to the rental car, the Citi benefit will cover only the amount your primary policy does not.
The authorized driver listed on the rental car agreement is covered worldwide for a maximum rental of 31 consecutive days.
Here is what Citi credit card rental insurance covers:
- Repair costs up to $50,000, or the cash value of the car, whichever is less.
- Motor vehicle with at least four wheels designed to be driven on public roads.
- Damage from an accident, natural disaster vandalism, or theft.
- Reasonable towing expenses to the nearest collision repair facility.
Here is what Here is what Citi credit card rental insurance does NOT cover:
- Damage resulting from reckless driving or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Rental car used as a car for hire.
- Personal injury, personal liability or damage to third-party personal property.
- Damages to other cars or property.
- Injury to any party.
To file a claim, call 1 (866) 918-4670 after your rental car is damaged or stolen. You will be advised as to what documents to provide to substantiate your claim. You can also visit citi.com/Costco to download a claim form. Return all requested documents within 180 days of the incident.