You can check which Citi cards you pre-qualify for online. To do so, you’ll need to give Citibank some personal information, like your name, address and last four digits of your Social Security Number, so they can check your credit. The credit check is a soft inquiry, meaning it won’t hurt your credit score in any way. Once you submit your information, you’ll almost immediately find out which Citi cards you’d have a good chance of approval for. Pre-qualification doesn’t guarantee approval, but it does give you around a 90% chance of approval if you choose to apply.
Citi might also mail you a pre-qualified credit card offer. The downside to this is that you only get an offer for one card as opposed to the potential for several online.
Here’s how to check which Citi cards you pre-qualify for:
- Go to Citi’s pre-qualification page.
- Enter your name, address, and the last 4 digits of your Social Security number.
- Select which card benefit, if any, matters most to you from the dropdown menu.
- Check the box acknowledging you know this isn’t a credit card application and won’t affect your score.
- Click “See your card offer.”
You’ll now be able to see any cards for which you have good approval chances. If you’d like, you can apply for any of those cards right away.
If you received your offer by mail, you can either fill out the enclosed application and mail it back or type in the invitation number on the “Respond to a mail offer” tab of the pre qualification page.