Bogdan Roberts, Credit Cards Moderator
Citibank credit card travel insurance provides coverage for worldwide travel accidents, worldwide car rentals and more. However, Citi only offers travel insurance for the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi and the Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi.
Here is what the Citibank credit card travel insurance covers:
- Travel Accident Insurance: It covers for death or dismemberment up to a certain amount. You just need to make sure the cost of your fare is charged to your eligible card.
- Worldwide Auto Rental Insurance: Covers you up to $50,000, or the cash value of the car, whichever is less, for damage resulting from accidents or theft. The rental period must not be longer than 31 days and you must pay with your eligible card and decline the rental company’s collision loss/damage insurance. Coverage is secondary for domestic rentals and primary for international ones.
- Roadside assistance: Call the 24/7 hotline for services such as towing (up to five miles), tire changes, jump starts, fuel delivery, and lockout assistance (no key replacement). There’s a flat fee each time you use this.
- Travel and Emergency Assistance: If you need assistance before or during a trip, services are available 24/7 for emergency travel arrangements, travel issues, medical and legal referrals and much more.
- Damage & Theft Purchase Protection: While not traditionally thought of as travel insurance, you also get protection from damage or theft of certain items purchased with your eligible card. If the item is damaged or stolen within 120 days (90 days for NY residents) of purchase, you may benefit from repairs or reimbursement up to $1,000 or the amount paid with your card/Costco credit card reward certificate, whichever is less. You are covered up to a maximum of $50,000 per year. Coverage is primary except for NY residents for whom it is secondary.
To file a claim, call Costco at (866) 918-4670 as soon as possible or sign on to Citi’s benefits web page to download a claim for submission. Claims and requested documents must be returned within 180 days of the covered event, in most cases.
While Citibank’s travel insurance only covers the Costco Credit Card and Costco Business Credit Card, you can get a better picture of the best credit cards with travel insurance right here on WalletHub.
2023's Best Citi Credit CardsCompare Cards
People also ask
Did we answer your question?