A few cool credit card backgrounds that anyone can get are Discover’s cassette tape background, Chase’s Darth Vader background for its Disney credit cards, and the NFL team designs available with the Barclays co-branded NFL credit card. The types of credit card backgrounds that are available depend on your card’s issuer, whether or not they allow you to upload your own background, and if they have a library of cool designs to choose from.
A few card issuers don’t offer credit card backgrounds that you can choose yourself, such as Citibank and American Express. But that’s not to say their credit cards don’t look cool regardless.
For example, Citibank’s coolest standard design is the Citi Prestige Credit Card’s black and gray circular design with light blue accents. American Express’s coolest credit card design is the new Amex Green Card, made of recycled ocean plastic for a truly “green” credit card. And you can’t forget about the sleek metal of Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Capital One Venture, the American Express Platinum Card, etc.
Several credit card issuers also allow customers to express their creativity by choosing whichever credit card background they think is coolest. Some even have a submit-your-own option, which makes for the coolest backgrounds of all.
Good Companies for a Cool Credit Card Background:
- Capital One credit cards normally have a library of background options for cardholders to pick from. They also allow you to upload your own image if you want. Just note that Capital One customer service says card customization is temporarily down until early January 2020. Also, co-branded cards issued by Capital One are not eligible.
- Discover has a few cool background options for cards, such as an American flag theme and a relaxing beach scene.
- Bank of America has Major League Baseball team background options for its MLB affinity credit card. There are versions of the card featuring Susan G. Komen, the World Wildlife Fund, and “U.S. Pride,” too. BofA also has different college and football team backgrounds for its debit cards.
- Chase only has credit card background options for its co-branded Disney credit cards, which offer Star Wars and Disney character designs.
- Barclays offers NFL fans a choice of their favorite football team as a backdrop on its NFL Extra Points Credit Card.
If your credit card issuer doesn’t have any cool background options, you can always make your own through a credit card “skin” company such as CUCU or Tenstickers. These services allow you to choose from a wide variety of removable sleeves for your credit card, and you can also design your own.
WalletHub Answers is a free service that helps consumers access financial information. Information on WalletHub Answers is provided “as is” and should not be considered financial, legal or investment advice. WalletHub is not a financial advisor, law firm, “lawyer referral service,” or a substitute for a financial advisor, attorney, or law firm. You may want to hire a professional before making any decision. WalletHub does not endorse any particular contributors and cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of any information posted. The helpfulness of a financial advisor's answer is not indicative of future advisor performance.
WalletHub members have a wealth of knowledge to share, and we encourage everyone to do so while respecting our content guidelines
. Please keep in mind that editorial and user-generated content on this page is not reviewed or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution. In addition, it is not a financial institution’s responsibility to ensure all posts and questions are answered.