The Delta Platinum Amex signup bonus is 35,000 Delta miles if you spend $1,000 within the first three months of opening your new account. Your bonus also comes with 5,000 Medallion Qualifying Miles. Plus, you get a $100 statement credit for charging a Delta Airlines purchase to your account in the first three months.
You can only earn the bonuses if you are up to date on payments when you meet the spending requirements. Plus, there are a few more details you should be aware of.
Here’s what you should know about the Delta Platinum Amex signup bonus:
- You can use your normal bonus miles for rewards travel. You can’t use your Medallion Qualifying Miles, or MQMs. They go towards earning you membership in Delta’s Medallion program, which rewards the most loyal customers with extra miles per dollar and other perks.
- To qualify for Silver, the lowest Medallion tier, you need to have earned 25,000 MQMs and spent at least 3,000 on Delta purchases in a year.
- You can earn 10,00 MQMs with your Delta Platinum Amex card by spending $25,000 in a year. You can also earn another 10,000 for spending $50,000, for a total of 20,000 MQMs.
- You can also earn MQMs by flying Delta, depending on how far you fly and what class your fare is.
- Besides the 35,000 signup miles, you’ll earn 1 mile per dollar for most purchases made with your Delta Platinum Amex card. You’ll get 2 miles per dollar for Delta purchases. You can also earn 10,000 bonus miles for spending $25,000 in a year, and 20,000 for spending $50,000.
- Miles are usually worth one cent each.
The Delta Platinum Amex signup bonus is really three bonuses in one. You get 35,000 bonus miles, 5,000 MQMs, and a $100 statement credit. Any frequent Delta customer can use the statement credit and bonus miles. But you’ll only be able to take advantage of the MQMs if you plan to spend more than $50,000, or if you fly enough to get close to Medallion status on your own.