Sarah Bilkins, WalletHub Credit Card Analyst
No, Capital One does not do a hard pull for credit limit increases. They will conduct a soft pull on your credit report, which does not hurt your score. So, you can make a request anytime you want.
However, to raise your chances of being approved for a higher credit limit, pay your bill on time for at least six straight months, reduce your outstanding debt, and update the income Capital One has on file. Capital One will be more likely to increase your credit limit if the revised income clearly shows that you can afford a higher limit.
How to Get a Capital One Credit Limit Increase Online
- Log in to your online account or the Capital One mobile app.
- Choose the Capital One card for which you’re requesting the increase (if you have more than one card).
- Click on the “Services” tab, and then select “Request Credit Line Increase”.
- Enter your total annual income, employment status, occupation, how much you will spend monthly on the card, your mortgage or rent payment amount, and your desired credit limit.
- Confirm the information entered and click “Submit” to complete the request.
You can also make a request by calling customer service at the number you see on the back of your card. Plus, you may also get a Capital One credit limit increase without asking, if your account is in good standing.
Capital One does not have a set timeframe for automatic credit limit increases, but you can request one anytime you want. This does not guarantee that you will be approved, but you can increase your chances by using your credit card responsibly.
2023's Best Capital One Credit CardsCompare Cards
People also ask
Did we answer your question?