The most exclusive business credit card you can apply for is the Business Platinum Card from American Express. The exclusivity of the card is not just due to the credit requirements (you’ll need a score of 700 or higher), but also the high annual fee of $595. If you’re able to afford the annual fee, though, you’re looking at some of the best credit card rewards out there for a business owner.
Most Exclusive Business Credit Cards:
Business Platinum Card from American Express
- $595 annual fee
- 5 points per dollar on flights and hotels booked through amextravel.com and 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Best hotel lounge access on the market
- 75,000-point signup bonus when you spend $15,000 in the first 3 months
- No preset spending limit, but it is a charge card so you have to pay your balance in full every month.
Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express®
- $125 annual fee
- Earn 6 points per dollar spent at participating Marriot Bonvoy hotels, 4 points per dollar at U.S. restaurants, gas stations, wireless telephone services, U.S. shipping and 2 points per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Earn one free night a year
- 100,000-point signup bonus when you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months
Chase Ink Business Preferred
- $95 annual fee
- Earn 3 points per dollar on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories and 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- 100,000-point signup bonus for spending $15,000 in the first 3 months
An important thing to consider when looking for a business credit card is the spending limit and when the balance is due. The Business Platinum Card from American Express can be especially valuable for people starting a business, since the lack of a spending limit means you can put as many charges on it as you want. However, since it is a charge card, you’ll have to be able to pay the balance in full every month.
Exclusive business cards are also the ones with the best signup bonuses. While the Business Platinum Card does offer a potential of 75,000 bonus points, it comes at the hefty cost of spending $15,000 within the first 3 months. The signup bonuses from the Marriott Bonvoy Amex and Chase Ink Business Preferred are more valuable and require much lower spending.
Not all business cards will have such high annual fees, though you may miss out on some of the rewards. Check out the best business credit cards to find one that best suits your needs and credit score.
WalletHub Answers is a free service that helps consumers access financial information. Information on WalletHub Answers is provided “as is” and should not be considered financial, legal or investment advice. WalletHub is not a financial advisor, law firm, “lawyer referral service,” or a substitute for a financial advisor, attorney, or law firm. You may want to hire a professional before making any decision. WalletHub does not endorse any particular contributors and cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of any information posted. The helpfulness of a financial advisor's answer is not indicative of future advisor performance.
WalletHub members have a wealth of knowledge to share, and we encourage everyone to do so while respecting our content guidelines
. Please keep in mind that editorial and user-generated content on this page is not reviewed or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution. In addition, it is not a financial institution’s responsibility to ensure all posts and questions are answered.