You can check your First Progress application status by calling (866) 706-5543 and pressing “0” until you’re connected to a representative. Then, give your Social Security number to check your status. There are also direct phone numbers for each of the First Progress credit cards: First Progress Prestige (877-724-0932), First Progress Select (877-724-0928), and First Progress Elite (877-724-0931). These direct numbers will connect you straight to a representative without having an automated menu first.
You can’t check your First Progress application status online because you won’t be able to create an account for the First Progress website until you’ve been approved for a card.
First Progress says they aim to respond to applications in “3 weeks or less.” You can also pay $19.95 for “Expedited Processing” to get a decision “up to 7 days faster.” But it’s really not worth paying, since it’s not a guarantee of anything.
How to Check Your First Progress Application Status:
- Find out which First Progress credit card you applied for: Prestige, Select or Elite.
- Call your First Progress credit card’s customer service number. They all begin with “(877) 724-”, followed by “0932” for the Prestige card, “0928” for the Select card, and “0931” for the Elite card.
- When you’re connected to a representative, give them your Social Security number so they can look up your application.
- Listen as the representative tells you your application status: approved, denied or pending.
- Get a decision within three weeks, if your status is pending. Get your card within in 7-10 business days of approval.
If your First Progress application winds up being denied, you may want to call and ask if they’ll reconsider. If you can demonstrate that the reason you were rejected is no longer an issue, you may get the ruling reversed.