The Hilton Surpass sign-up bonus is 130,000 points for spending $2,000 within 3 months of being approved for an account. Cardholders receive their bonus points within 6 to 8 weeks of meeting the initial spending requirement. The Hilton Surpass Card’s sign-up bonus is worth roughly $767 when redeemed for Hilton reservations.
This Hilton Surpass sign-up bonus is not available to current or former Ascend or Hilton Surpass cardholders. It’s also important to note that a sign-up bonus for this many points does come at a cost. The Ascend card has a $95 annual fee. But the sign-up bonus basically has that covered for nearly nine years. This isn’t the easiest card to get, either. It requires excellent credit.
Here are the Hilton Surpass sign-up bonus details:
- Sign-up bonus: Earn 130,000 bonus points for spending $2,000 in the first 3 months of card membership.
- Eligibility: The bonus offer is open only to new applicants who’ve never had the Hilton Ascend or Hilton Surpass credit cards.
- When bonus points post: 6 to 8 weeks after the spending requirement has been met.
- Redemption options: Points are redeemable toward Hilton reservations, travel purchases such as airfare or car rentals, shopping and dining purchases, charitable causes and more.
- Point value: Slightly 0.59 cents each. You’ll get the most value if you redeem points for free nights at Hilton properties. Points cannot be redeemed for cash or statement credits.
- Expiration: Unredeemed rewards expire after 18 months of account inactivity (i.e. no making purchases or redeeming points).
- Payments that don’t count toward the sign-up bonus: Fees, interest, balance transfers, prepaid cards, gift cards, or other cash equivalents like lottery tickets.
The Hilton Surpass sign-up bonus is just one of the card’s attractive features. It also offers 12 points per $1 spent at Hilton properties; 6 points per $1 at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants; and 3 points per $1 on all other purchases.
Spending a lot can also get you extra perks. There’s a free weekend night for spending $15,000 every year. And if you spend $40,000 in 12 months, you get Hilton Honors Diamond status through the end of the next calendar year. That gives you things like complimentary breakfast, late check-out, and room upgrades.
WalletHub Answers is a free service that helps consumers access financial information. Information on WalletHub Answers is provided “as is” and should not be considered financial, legal or investment advice. WalletHub is not a financial advisor, law firm, “lawyer referral service,” or a substitute for a financial advisor, attorney, or law firm. You may want to hire a professional before making any decision. WalletHub does not endorse any particular contributors and cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of any information posted. The helpfulness of a financial advisor's answer is not indicative of future advisor performance.
WalletHub members have a wealth of knowledge to share, and we encourage everyone to do so while respecting our content guidelines
. Please keep in mind that editorial and user-generated content on this page is not reviewed or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution. In addition, it is not a financial institution’s responsibility to ensure all posts and questions are answered.