Chip Lupo, Credit Card Writer
Hilton Credit Card purchase protection covers the damage or theft of eligible purchases for up to 90 days after the purchase date. Purchase protection will reimburse Hilton Credit Card cardholders for up to $1,000 per item and up to $50,000 per cardholder per year.
How to File a Purchase Protection Claim with the Hilton Credit Card
- Call the Benefit Administrator within 30 days of the incident at 1-800-228-6870 or the number in your card’s benefits guide.
- File a police report within 48 hours of the incident, if the item was stolen.
- Submit a completed claim form within 60 days after you receive the form.
- Wait for a decision. American Express will notify you of a decision once your claim has been processed. This could take American Express up to 30 days.
- Get reimbursed for the cost of repairing or replacing the item, if your claim is validated by the Benefit Administrator.
Be aware that not all items are covered by the Hilton Credit Card purchase protection benefit. To see which items are covered by this perk, check the guide to benefits that came with your credit card.
Eligibility and benefit level varies by card. Terms, conditions and limitations apply. Please visit americanexpress.com/benefitsguide for more details. Underwritten by AMEX Assurance Company.
Hilton Honors American Express Card
People also ask
Did we answer your question?