There are two ways to request a Best Buy credit limit increase, online and by phone: 1-800-347-9700. You can’t get more than one Best Buy credit limit increase per six months. If you’re denied, you can apply again without waiting. But unless your circumstances have changed, it probably won’t work. You could receive an automatic limit increase when Citi reviews your file every six months. If this happens, you’ll see a notification when you log into your account. In order to get an increase automatically or by request, you must consistently pay your bill on time while actually making purchases with your card.
There are a few more important details, too. So I’ll walk you through the process below.
Here’s how to request a Best Buy credit limit increase online:
Log in to your account.
- Select “Card Services” and then “Credit Limit Increase.”
- Provide the required financial information (such as income) and hit next. You’ll be told how much you qualify for in a few seconds.
- If you’re offered a higher limit, you’ll have the option to either accept it or request a larger amount. If you request a bigger increase, Citi will do a hard pull on your credit, which will temporarily hurt your score.
Here’s how to request a Best Buy credit limit increase by phone:
- Call customer service at 1-800-347-9700.
- Enter your card number and ask to speak with a representative.
- Ask for a higher limit and explain why you deserve it.
- Give the representative information about your income and any other financial details they request.
You could use a Best Buy credit limit increase to make bigger purchases. But consider keeping your spending the same and decreasing your credit utilization ratio instead. Credit utilization is part of your credit score, so improvements there should lead to a higher score.