Chip Lupo, Credit Card Writer
You can request a Citi Rewards+® Card credit limit increase online, through the citibank mobile app, or by calling customer service at 1-888-872-2214. To raise your chances of being approved for a higher credit limit, pay your bill on time for at least six straight months, reduce your outstanding debt, and update the income citibank has on file. citibank will be more likely to increase your credit limit if the revised income clearly shows that you can afford a higher limit.
How To Get a Citi Rewards+ Card Credit Limit Increase Online
- Log in to your online account or the citibank mobile app.
- Choose the Citi Rewards+ Card from the list of account options (if you have more than one citibank card).
- Click “Credit Card Services,” and then “Request a Credit Limit Increase.”
- Enter your total annual income and your monthly mortgage or rent payment amount. Click “Next.”
- Confirm the information entered and click “Submit” to complete the request.
You should receive a decision in just a few seconds. If you’re approved for a Citi Rewards+ Card credit limit increase, the new limit is effective immediately.
Impact of a Citi Rewards+ Card Credit Limit Increase on Your Credit Score
When you request a Citi Rewards+ Card credit limit increase, citibank will conduct a hard pull of your credit report, which will cause a short-term dip in your credit score. citibank cannot do a hard pull without your permission, though.
Alternatively, you could be eligible for a Citi Rewards+ Card credit limit increase without even requesting one. The Citi Rewards+ Card may offer an automatic credit limit increase if citibank’s regular review of your account shows a history of on-time payments and low debt. An automatic credit limit increase involves a soft pull, which does not affect your credit score.
Citi Rewards+® Card
People also ask
Did we answer your question?