There is no Amex Delta Platinum 70k mile bonus offer. That’s because the 70,000 mile bonus was a temporary offer that expired. The current Delta Platinum signup bonus is 35,000 miles, plus another 5,000 Medallion Qualifying Miles. Unlike regular bonus miles, Medallion Qualifying Miles can’t be used to cover flights. They go towards earning you Medallion status, a loyalty tier with perks such as free seat upgrades and extra miles per dollar.
You can earn the bonus by spending $1,000 in purchases during the first three months your account’s open. It’s also worth noting the Delta Amex Platinum annual fee is $195 per year, so the bonus miles may or may not be a tradeoff that makes sense for you.
You need a few more pieces of information before you make that decision, though.
Here’s what you can get instead of the Amex Delta Platinum 70k mile bonus:
- You get 35,000 reward miles and 5,000 Medallion Qualifying Miles for spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months after opening your account.
- 35,000 reward miles are worth about $350 in Delta airfare.
- You currently need at least 5,000 miles in your Delta account if you want to pay entirely for a flight with reward miles.
- If you spend $25,000 in a year with your Delta Amex card, you get 10,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion Qualifying Miles.
- You need 25,000 MQMs to qualify for Medallion status.
- Medallion members get free upgrades when available, free checked bags, priority check-in and priority boarding, among other benefits.
The Amex Delta Platinum 70k mile bonus may no longer exist, but 35,000 reward miles and 5,000 Medallion Qualifying Miles are still a significant signup offer. If you’re a frequent enough Delta flier that you want to commit to the airline, snagging 35,000 extra miles isn’t a bad way to start.