It takes about 14 calendar days for a new Capital One credit card to arrive. And it takes 4-6 business days to get a replacement card, unless you pay $16 for delivery in 2-3 business days. There are no options to get new cards faster. But it won’t always take 14 days for a new card to reach you, depending on how far it has to travel. That’s just the timeframe Capital One quotes people.
As far as the approval timeline goes, you could be instantly approved for a Capital One credit card if you apply online. On the other hand, Capital One may need longer to verify your information and decide whether you’re creditworthy enough for the card. If you don’t get a decision right away, you can usually expect to hear back within 7-10 business days. That means you should get your Capital One credit card 14-24 [business] days after submitting an application, assuming you’re approved.
Here’s how long it takes for a Capital One credit card to arrive:
- New cards take up to 14 calendar days to arrive, following account approval. You can’t pay to speed this up.
- Replacement cards take 4-6 business days to arrive. You can cut that timeframe in half by paying $16.
- It can take 7-10 business days to get approved for a Capital One credit card, if you’re not approved instantly when you apply.
- You can expect to have your Capital One credit card in hand anywhere from 2 weeks to a month after you apply.
- You can use your Capital One credit card before it arrives if you download the Capital One app. The app shows you all your card details.
If you’re in the market for a Capital One credit card, there are a ton of good options. Capital One Venture is ideal for travel, while Quicksilver is great for cash back. If your credit is only fair or bad, you can consider QuicksilverOne and Capital One Secured, respectively.