WalletHub, Financial Company
You can apply for a Discover credit card online, by telephone at (800) 347-2683, or by mail. Once you submit your Discover card application, you may get approved instantly or you might have to wait 7-10 business days for a decision. For a speedy application process and a prompt response, applying online is the way to go.
When you apply online, you will see a list of all of Discover’s credit cards. You can compare rewards, rates and fees, and review the cards’ terms and conditions before you apply. You can even check for pre-approval to see which cards you have the best odds of getting. Once you decide on a card, you’ll need to have your personal and financial information at hand. That includes your Social Security number, mailing address, income, employment information and more.
How to apply for a Discover credit card:
- Check your credit score and report: Your credit score will give you an idea of which cards you should consider applying for. Plus, a quick review of your credit history will give you a chance to correct any errors that would weigh against you when you apply.
- Get pre-approved: While your credit score can give you a general idea of your odds, the Discover website has a page where you can check if you are pre-approved before you submit a Discover card application. It doesn’t hurt your credit score. And if you are pre-approved, you stand a very good chance of actually getting approved.
- Find the best Discover credit card for your needs: Think about your own spending habits, overall financial standing and preferences. Once you’ve whittled down your options to one standout Discover card, compare it to the best cards from other issuers in the same credit range to make sure it’s the top overall card for you.
- Complete and submit your application: You will need to list your name, address, date of birth and Social Security number on a Discover card application. You’ll also need to provide your income, monthly rent/mortgage payment and bank account information.
- Wait a minute to two weeks for a decision: If your credit information and income exceed Discover’s requirements, it’s possible you might be approved instantly. If not, it could take up to two weeks to receive a final decision.
Be sure to accurately complete all the required fields on your Discover card application. Any intentionally misleading information could be considered fraud.
If you’re approved, you should receive your card in 7 to 10 business days. That’s the only shipping option Discover offers. If you’re not approved, though, you can always ask for reconsideration. But you’ll need to demonstrate that your credit or income situation is better than it appeared on your Discover card application in order to get a denial reversed.
2023's Best Discover Credit CardsCompare Cards
People also ask
Did we answer your question?