The best IHG Premier benefits are a free fourth night on hotel stays of at least 3 consecutive nights booked with IHG points, plus a free night at a participating IHG hotel after each account anniversary, automatic Platinum Elite status in the IHG Rewards program, and 140,000 points + 1 Free Night for spending $3,000 in the first 3 months.
All these benefits are included with the IHG Premier Card. IHG Premier charges an $99 annual fee, but it packs a lot of value with all the free hotel night opportunities.
IHG Premier Credit Card Benefits List:
- Fourth Reward Night Free: redeem points for an IHG hotel stay of 3 or more consecutive nights and get your 4th night for free.
- Free Anniversary Night: get a free night at any IHG hotel with a point redemption level of 40,000 points or less.
- 140,000 points + 1 Free Night: spending $3,000 in the first 3 months will get you 140,000 points + 1 Free Night.
- Up to 26 Reward Points per dollar at IHG Hotels: you get 10 points / $1 at IHG Hotels and resorts as cardholder, plus up to an extra 10 points for your IHG Rewards membership and up to another 6 points for the Platinum Elite Status you benefit from automatically.
- TSA Pre-Check or Global Entry Statement Credit: up to $100 credit every 4 years for TSA Pre-Check or Global Entry application fees.
- Complimentary IHG Rewards Platinum Elite Status: late checkout, complimentary room upgrades, spa credits for eligible properties, and 50% extra bonus points on top of base points earned at IHG hotels.
- 20% off Points Purchases: purchased rewards points are at least 20% cheaper when charged to your IHG Premier.
- $0 Foreign Transaction Fees.
The IHG Premier’s little brother, the IHG® Rewards Traveler Credit Card, comes with a similar (but lesser) list of benefits and kept costs down with a $0 annual fee. IHG Traveler Card benefits include free fourth nights at hotels booked with IHG points, 20% off purchases of rewards points, 80,000 points for spending $2,000 in the first 3 months, $0 foreign transaction fees, Gold Elite status in the IHG Rewards program after spending $10,000 in a calendar year, and 5 points / $1 spent at IHG hotels and resorts worldwide.
WalletHub Answers is a free service that helps consumers access financial information. Information on WalletHub Answers is provided “as is” and should not be considered financial, legal or investment advice. WalletHub is not a financial advisor, law firm, “lawyer referral service,” or a substitute for a financial advisor, attorney, or law firm. You may want to hire a professional before making any decision. WalletHub does not endorse any particular contributors and cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of any information posted. The helpfulness of a financial advisor's answer is not indicative of future advisor performance.
WalletHub members have a wealth of knowledge to share, and we encourage everyone to do so while respecting our content guidelines
. This question was posted by WalletHub. Please keep in mind that editorial and user-generated content on this page is not reviewed or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution. In addition, it is not a financial institution’s responsibility to ensure all posts and questions are answered.