You can increase your Journey Student Rewards from Capital One credit limit by making a request online, through the Capital One mobile app, or by calling customer service at the number on the back of your card. Alternatively, you may also get a Capital One Journey credit limit increase without asking, if your account is in good standing.... read full answer
To raise your chances of being approved for a higher credit limit, pay your bill on time for at least six straight months, reduce your outstanding debt, and update the income Capital One has on file. Capital One will be more likely to increase your credit limit if the revised income clearly shows that you can afford a higher limit.
How to Get a Capital One Journey Credit Limit Increase Online
- Log in to your online account or the Capital One mobile app.
- Choose the Capital One Journey card from the list of account options (if you have more than one Capital One card).
- Click “I Want To...”, and then “Request Credit Line Increase”.
- Enter your total annual income, employment status, occupation, how much you will spend monthly on the card, your mortgage or rent payment amount, and your desired credit limit.
- Confirm the information entered and click “Submit” to complete the request.
You should receive a decision in just a few seconds. If you’re approved for a Capital One Journey credit limit increase, the new limit is effective immediately.
Impact of a Capital One Journey Credit Limit Increase on Your Credit Score
Generally, when you request a Capital One Journey credit limit increase, Capital One will conduct a soft pull of your credit report, which does not affect your credit score. However, some Capital One Journey credit limit increase requests may involve a hard pull, which will cause a short-term dip in your credit score. Capital One cannot do a hard pull without your permission.
Alternatively, you could be eligible for a Capital One Journey credit limit increase without even requesting one. The Capital One Journey card may offer an automatic credit limit increase if Capital One’s regular review of your account shows a history of on-time payments and low debt. An automatic credit limit increase involves a soft pull, which does not affect your credit score.show less