Maria Adams, Credit Cards Moderator
Mastercard price protection reimburses you when an item that you bought with your card goes on sale later. You can get back the difference between what you paid and the new sale price, up to $250 per claim. You are entitled to a maximum of four claims every 12 months. Note that only the World and World Elite Mastercards offer this benefit.
Here’s how Mastercard price protection works:
- Mastercard price protection reimburses you for the difference between the price you paid for an item and a lower price you find afterward.
- You’re covered up to $250 per claim, and you can make a claim four times in a 12-month period.
- Mastercard price protection gives you 60 days to make a claim after buying something.
- World and World Elite Mastercard are the only levels that offer price protection and give you 120 days to file a claim.
- You must have a receipt and a print or digital advertisement with a date, the retailer name, and the sales price as proof.
- Purchases that aren’t covered by Mastercard price protection include jewelry, art, antiques, pre-owned items, custom-made items, plants, animals, items bought at auctions, and more. Read your benefits guide for the full details.
You can file a claim either online or by calling (800) 627-8372. Make sure to request a claim form within 60 - 120 days of making your purchase (depending on the card). Submit the form and any other requested documentation within 180 days of when the advertisement for a lower price was posted.
After you buy something with your card, always keep an eye out for lower prices. You could save yourself up to $1,000 total per year with Mastercard credit card price protection.
People also ask
Did we answer your question?